Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Faux Tablescape

Those of you who have visited with me in the past know that I have not previously prepared a tablescape to share with you. 




I thought the white floral border plate
needed a dark background to show it off. 
Since this is a summer setting and so many people
use quilts for their picnic cloths,
I thought I would use one of my quilts as a backdrop.


A rosy pink petal bowl sits on top of the white plate. 
A smaller tulip shaped crystal cup with a yellow daisy center
makes up the top layer of this setting. 


This angel graces my table during the summer months
so I gave her a place of honor in this tablescape as well.

But all is not as it seems.
I am not really sharing a table setting at all.
This lovely piece is garden art
that I just purchased at a local art fair.

Rather than enjoying the placesetting on my dining room table,
this is the scene I can enjoy looking out my dining room window. 

So sorry to have teased you.
But I couldn't resist preparing a faux tablescape
to showoff my newest garden treasure.


Until next time, live and love well.


Joining these fun parties:
Bunny Hop Party at Bunny Jean's Decor and More
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup from Mrs. Olson
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe with an E
Show Off Friday at What-About




This forum reveals random thoughts and reflections on topics of interest and events impacting the life of the founder of Doll in the Looking Glass.  Our boutique specializes in custom designed dolls that look like your child. We also design toddler and baby dolls that look real using vinyl doll components manufactured in Midland, Michigan USA by Apple Valley Doll Works.  The goal of Doll in the Looking Glass is to delight our customers with our creations.  We would love to create a special doll for you!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

How cute!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh, Gosh! You totally had me going! It was a pretty tablescape as well! That is a fun way to enjoy it in the garden.
Blessings,
Susie

Katherines Corner said...

its darling. Love the angel too Hugs!!

Nicole said...

So pretty! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Thank you so much for sharing on my blog hop.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Too cute Debra, you big tease you! I love it and what a fun conversation piece in the garden. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...