Monday, March 11, 2013

Celebrating the Emerald Holiday

Although I don't have any Irish heritage, like so many others
I join my friends in the celebration of St. Patrick's Day.
The ways to celebrate this holiday are many.  


The celebration can be as simple as
sitting at your desk and making a few phone calls
to extend your greetings.
Or the gardeners among us may decide to 
give extra attention to the shamrock plants in the garden.  



Extroverts may choose to make beautiful music
and wear their green parading down Main Street.
With all of that music, those who are light on their feet 
will choose to kick up their heels in dance.


Whispering a quiet prayer
to honor St. Patrick might be your style.



On a lovely afternoon, you may decide to tour the countryside
in a vehicle that exhibits seasonal spirit.


Some will choose to proudly display a flag to honor Ireland.
And "Good Luck, Health and Happiness"
will be the heartfelt toast for the day.


But my personal favorite way to celebrate the day
is by sharing a romantic kiss with my sweetheart.


How do YOU celebrate St. Patrick's Day?
I would be delighted if you would leave a comment
to share your story.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Until next time, live and love well.



Join the party at:
You're Gonna Love It at Kathe with an E
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson


This forum reveals random thoughts and reflections on topics of interest and events impacting the life of the founder of Doll in the Looking Glass.  Our boutique specializes in custom designed dolls that look like your child. We also design toddler and baby dolls that look real using vinyl doll components manufactured in Midland, Michigan USA by Apple Valley Doll Works.  The goal of Doll in the Looking Glass is to delight our customers with our creations.  We would love to create a special doll for you!

8 comments:

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Debra, I am always so happy to see your posts with postcards! I just adore all of your St. Patrick's Day cards, and the way you displayed them with that white battenburg lace. How beautiful! The card you showed last is part of the same set as the last 2 cards I showed on my St. Pat's post! How neat! Thanks for sharing your green. Gina

Elena said...

I love all your options for celebrating! We do celebrate a little. I read Mary the true story of St. Patrick and in homeschooling there are fun things to do with shamrocks. We like to eat corn beef and cabbage but we usually wait until after the holiday when the corn been goes on sale:)

Elena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little Susie Home Maker said...

Lovely! My favorite is the kiss as well !! I wear green and make green food!!
Blessings,
Susie

Sue said...

Is there any card you do not have? What a great collection. I love the priest dancing post card and the last one kissing. This is the time of year that I want a Reuben. Happy St. Patricks Day!

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, dear. These cards are delightful. My kids are a bit of Irish on their father's side. Happy spring day.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

you do have a wonderful collection! I love the one of them watering the shamrocks! Thanks for stopping by to visit me!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh Debra, I always adore your postcards! Such a fun collection. I have just two. One is the same as your dancing couple. We had all of the family over for a green dinner. Everything was delicious and we shared Irish Blessings. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup. Love having you!
hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...