Monday, March 12, 2012

Color of the Season

Everyone is a wee bit Irish 
for St. Patrick's Day.
Adding a spot of green is a quick way
to bring the spirit of this holiday into my home.

Inspired by all of the faux cookies that several bloggers
created for Valentine's day,
I decided to try my hand at crafting some felt shamrock "treats". 
Three colors of felt were the only supplies
I needed to purchase.
All other embellishments were already in my stash --
 leftover from prior projects.




The cute little leprechaun was hand painted in 1976
 --- by yours truly.
Doing ceramic painting was a popular pass time.
At one time there were a couple of shops in our area
dedicated solely to greenware molds, paints and firing ceramics.  Today, I wouldn't know where to go for these types of supplies.
It is interesting to look back
 at how people spend their leisure time
and the changes over time.












For St. Patrick's Day,
a green-eyed redhead has a seat of honor in my foyer.





Plaques bearing Irish Blessings
are displayed at the foot of the stairway.



Lacy paper shamrocks
and wooden Celtic crosses
bring the color of the season to the mantle.






I'm so pleased you stopped by to visit.  Come again soon!

Until next time, live and love well.



Joining:

St. Patrick's Day Party at A Holiday Haven

at happy hour projects and Mrs. Fox's Sweets


The Bunny Hop at Bunny Jean's Decor and More


Potpourri Friday at 2805





This forum reveals random thoughts and reflections on topics of interest and events impacting the life of the founder of Doll in the Looking Glass.  Our boutique specializes in custom designed dolls that look like your child. We also design toddler and baby dolls that look real using vinyl doll components manufactured in Midland, Michigan USA by Apple Valley Doll Works.  The goal of Doll in the Looking Glass is to delight our customers with our creations.  We would love to create a special doll for you!

5 comments:

The French Hutch said...

Hi Debra, I think you have a fabulous blog! I love all your hand made felt "treats." The are so pretty, and so are all of your St. Patrick's Day vignettes. My favorite has to be the red haired beauty you have in your foyer to welcome your guests. Love you leprechaun. I also did the ceramic class and hand painted several pieces. It's what we did in the seventies. I haven't thought about that in years. I'm so happy to meet you and I'll be your newest follower.

Emily
The French Hutch

Shabby chic Sandy said...

You have the best St Patricks day decorating I have seen so far! Those treats are amazing and your little doll is so sweet--everything looks great!

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Debra!

You little red headed cutie is jut precious in her green checked dress.

I am really liking all the little felties that I see floating around in blogland, but your are the first St. Paddy ones that I have noticed... very cute.

Thanks for sharing at my party this week.

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

The Shamrocks are just beautiful, lovely work.
Janice

Jessa said...

Now here are cookies I do not feel guilty about drooling over :) Lovely decor, love the blessings. Thanks for adding this to the party! I am sharing it on pinterest and twitter too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...