Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Supermoon Consolation

On May 6, Supermoon 2012 had sky watchers and photographers anxiously waiting to see the largest full moon of the year
 as the moon orbited the earth at it's closest point.

Unfortunately it was cloudy in Midland.
And while the night sky was certainly brighter Saturday evening, we did not experience the spectacular show
that many were privileged to see.

But, I did receive a consolation prize.

I was able to attend the Midwest Postcard Show
in Michigan on Sunday and discovered another
romantic man-in-the-moon postcard.
This newly-acquired card is part of the series 
shared with you during the Valentine holiday.

Antique Postcard from my Personal Collection
PFB Publishers, Series 6809, Circa 1908-1909
Printed in Germany

I shared the following photograph 
as part of my post titled Spooning Under the Moon.
To read this earlier post 
and see close-ups of the individual postcards,
you can click here.
Antique Postcards from my Personal Collection
PFB Publishers, Series 6809, Circa 1908-1909
Printed in Germany

I don't know how many postcards 
were originally published as part of this series,
but now I have located six variations of couples
 sharing a romantic gesture under the silvery moon.


Since Mother Nature didn't co-operate
with weather conditions favorable to viewing the Supermoon,
I will be satisfied with this vintage paper moon.




Until next time, live and love well.



Joining these lovely parties: 

Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup from Mrs. Olson

What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants





This forum reveals random thoughts and reflections on topics of interest and events impacting the life of the founder of Doll in the Looking Glass.  Our boutique specializes in custom designed dolls that look like your child. We also design toddler and baby dolls that look real using vinyl doll components manufactured in Midland, Michigan USA by Apple Valley Doll Works.  The goal of Doll in the Looking Glass is to delight our customers with our creations.  We would love to create a special doll for you!

4 comments:

andrea@townandprairie said...

These are so sweet and wholesome! I love the group shot!

Ivy and Elephants said...

I am "moonstruck" over your gorgeous vintage cards, so romantic.
Hugs,
Patti

xinex said...

Your vintage cards are jusy precious. What a neatn collection!...Christine

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I did get to view that supermoon and it was gorgeous! I think that your postcard collection is just as gorgeous. I have never seen any of this moon collection. I think they are so cute. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup!
Hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...