Friday, January 13, 2012

Midland's Snowy Blanket

No snow for Christmas...
No snow the entire month of December...

But, last night the snow finally arrived in Midland,
in Michigan, and in many other states.

Not the destructive volumes of snow that buried cities in Alaska.
Not enough snow to close local schools.
But enough to cover the brown winter landscape.
Just a pretty, fluffy white blanket of snow.


Winter wonderland view outside my bedroom window. 


Pine tree tip bends from the weight of the snow.


A better view of the yard from another second story window.  
The bird feeder looks so tiny next to the mature trees.


I'll get my coat and head outside so I can get some close-up shots.
The snowmen placed on the decorative fence in December
 finally look at home.


Rhododendrons are buried from the snowfall.


Snow-covered branches of Japanese maple
frame the front entryway.


A picture perfect evergreen!


And the snowman puffs his rosy cheeks
and smiles at the beauty that surrounds him.


Until next time -- live and love well,

                                      Debra


Joining these lovely parties this week:
Bunny Hop at Bunny Jean's Decor and More
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home


This forum reveals random thoughts and reflections on topics of interest and events impacting the life of the founder of Doll in the Looking Glass.  Our boutique specializes in custom designed dolls that look like your child. We also design toddler and baby dolls that look real using vinyl doll components manufactured in Midland, Michigan USA by Apple Valley Doll Works.  The goal of Doll in the Looking Glass is to delight our customers with our creations.

8 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

You guys got a lot of snow out of that system. We are in S. IL and we didn't get that much, but it sure is cold! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

We haven't even had much snow in Nova Scotia, Canada. It has been the weirdest winter this year! Your pictures are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hi Debra,
Found you over at The Charm Of Home..I just have to follow you as I have two friends who collect doll's and I have family living in Michigan and I also had snow yesterday (Mass.)that made me stay inside..hahaha..I love your post..
Snow pictures are great!!
Kindredly,
Shirley

Tina said...

I love the look of fresh fallen snow. It just looks so magical. Thanks for sharing. :0)

Laurel Leaf Cottage said...

Hi Debra! Now that is some serious snow!! Just wanted to say Hi and Thanks for visiting my blog....I have taken some pictures of the little girl holding her doll for you and I'll have them up soon!! Enjoy the snow!! ~Deanna

lambs and ivy designs said...

What beautiful pictures! I think snow is so pretty, but I am quite happy just looking at your pictures, I don't need to see it in real life!

Happy weekend,
Dana

Marsha said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Debra. Your snow pictures are beautiful! Stay warm! Marsha

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That looks so beautiful--makes me so jealous! We got a tiny bit--would love to get the amount you got!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...